Birthday..!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Big Day - Thamizhini's Birthday

Oh! My little one turned one today. This was the day in last year, I experienced hospital bed for first time in my life and got this cute bundle of joy in my hand. All the pain and other complications left out of me, once I had my baby in my hand. Still I could remember the days she was crying now and then and looking blankly at every one. Growing up a kid teaches you everything. I could now feel how motherhood would be as I'm experiencing it for a year. You may get tensed for many reasons when you are growing up them, but at last in the night when they sleep innocently in your hands, you will know nothing is warming than this.
The day was good and we were waiting for Thamizhini to get up on her own and we did not go to wake her up. Once she got up, we made her ready to go to temple after her breakfast. We were in temple for an hour and her Appuchi, Amatha and Mama presented her a gold chain.
Giving pose after getting Chain from Maama
I don't know that she really understood what they have given and but she was happy to hold the box and the chain in her hand. :-)  Look at her cute Pattu Paavadai.  I feel She looks tall in this costume and I liked the color most. It had small stones on it and it added beautiful look on it.
Very Happy to see the box...
After coming back from temple, we packed everything in hurry-burry to start to the marriage hall. And now, here is the point. Whoever were thinking by seeing the "Birthday Invite" that the birthday celebration is going to happen in a Wedding hall / Chaultry, here comes the truth. Yeah, actually Thamizhini's Chithappa's marriage was fixed next day of her Birthday and the marriage functions were happening for two days from that day. So obviously we were in the hall to attend the marriage function.
Yummy Cake...
So to my disappointment and may be later once she has grown up, to her disappointments, we simply cut the cake in the hall. Once we came to know that the marriage was fixed on July 3rd, I (here i do not want to add Nalin) dropped all the plans and creative ideas that i had on mind to celebrate her birthday. Whenever I go for my friend's kids birthdays, I used to dream how will I celebrate my kid's.  
In deep thoughts....
Even though the marriage was happening in one side, we could have planned something better to celebrate her birthday. I was so much disappointed that Nalin did not want to plan anything as the engagement for the couple was about to start and he thought it would disturb them. I felt from where the hell he could get thoughts like this.



That was really really big cake, but still Dad gives very little to me...?
So now you guys know how we have celebrated Thamizhini's birthday. Hmm... I don't want to use the term celebration as we simply cut the cake. Even Thamizhini was so tired as she did not get her nap time properly. She was so moody, clumsy and top of that the crowd. She was crying for dressing, wearing shoes and even for cutting the cake.
I did not get one single snap where she was smiling. She was so cranky. Hmm.. but that is the way the kid used to be. How about her dress? We were shopping for her in the weekends before we started to native. Look at her matching chappals and bangles. :-)
I feel, my mom is prettier than this flower. What say?? ;-)
Look at the pictures for decorative cake and how kids enjoyed the evening. The cake was Black Forest and the taste was yummy. Kids were enjoying the cake and they were nicely playing with each other with the masks. Thamizhini got beautiful gifts from her Kumutha Athai and Selvaraj maama and from her Chithappa too. 
Hey! Look at the green leaf... Is that mean "Go Greeeeeeeeeen!!!"Hmm.. actually we forgot to buy paper plates. :-D
Even though there were no grand celebration, there were lots of good moments to cherish for ever and of course it is natural, you feel good when you are with dear and near ones.


PS: Thanks Babu Chithapa for the photos. It is really good and I'm looking pretty in all the photos. - Thamizhini.

3 comments:

  1. Wish you manu many more happy retuns of the day da chellam !!!
    Thamizhini is simply superb in cute little violet frock.
    I love the second and Eighth photos .. Great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bena... Me too like the 2nd photo much... She looks like a big girl.. :-) cute in her pattu paavadai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though i am not in this celebration..but after seen this blog i was just feel ur excited moment of thamizhini birthday..belated wishes pretty..

    ReplyDelete