Birthday..!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 2, 2011

17th Month

My little darling is seventeen months old and I'm happy that my little one is growing up with lots of activities. Bringing up a child is one of the most difficult responsibilities in parenting. And I'm sure all parents must have crossed this line.  We always think about our kids and have lots and lots (or loads) plans to bring up them and most important in the list is, discipline. As Thamizhini is nearing 1.5 years, I'm sure she knew some of things that what she can do and what she can't. She hears not only the words (mainly "NO") I say, but I'm sure the tone of my voice. She reacts to it, but most of times, she makes me to laugh.  :P
Amma, Trust me, I will not repeat it!
Children are like wet clay, we can mold them in any shape and they learn everything by seeing and absorb everything around them. Thamizhini is no different and she tries to mimic what elders do, either good or bad! Generally it is parents responsibility that how we insist values to them and I make sure that I don't miss this in parenting. But sometimes as I said earlier, she makes us smile by seeing her naughtiness, but may be after seeing repeatedly, we get irritated and of course, there is no use of yelling her at that time!
Hey Anna!!!
And I have to make a note that this was an important month to me in parenting. Yes! I have successfully weaned her from feeding. I would say that I was feeling guilty about wanting to wean, but my cutie is not very serious on the business but wanted my nearness. The process took a week for me, and end of the week, we had traveled to our native, so she totally forgot about it in the new environment. Yeah! An important milestone for my baby and I'm happy that she passed this too!
I don't need amma, I can standalone!!
Her understanding ability is going high, so we have to consider her while talking. Also she talks nicely and started telling what she wants not only her toys or food! And these days, her usual word is "Ammatte"  meaning that she wants to go to Amma. And these days she asks us by saying "Kuva Kuva Vaathu", "Ala Ala" (means Nila Nila, and I love to see her hands action to call Nila), 'Kaakka paattu" and "Anna Paattu" (this is a song "veyilodu vilayadi" from Veyil movie). More interesting thing is that  she does not know how to ask for the next song, so she would ask "Appa ithu vena" meaning that "I don't want this". But she will not say what she want next! I would be extremely happy for her Daddy by thinking that bad time started for him!
Howz my outfit? All matching.. matching...!!!
We had been to native for our cousin's marriage and I hope now, Thamizhini would remember everyone in native and whatever she had seen there. She walks around all day with her head in the clouds, because she saw many dogs, cows and buffalo. Her Appuchi was astonished by seeing her mimicry and even me. She mimicked by hearing a buffalo sound as it is. Trust me, no different.
Chitiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... (I'm very sure that she did not see Chiti serial but still she got it in that way!!!)
As I said earlier, her grasping power is going high and she remembers if we tell something to her. Her mama has brought Ball house / tent from Ireland and she knows the colors of the balls. We were simply telling her like "Its blue ball, pink ball, yellow and green ball by showing balls whenever she was playing. So now she knows about the colors not only from balls, even she identifies the colors of her toys.

I could see her changes, month by month and I'm sure she is on the right path. Even though she is adamant on somethings, she is quite good on doing her own things, only thing we have to let her to do that. But as she is supported with her grandparents, she enjoys lot of naughty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment